Section 1 (Aptitude and Skills)
This section is designed to assess the candidate’s problem solving, data analysis, basic mathematical skills and the ability to infer information from a given text or passage.
You are given 60 minutes to answer 35 questions. This gives you less than 2 minutes to answer each question.
Types of Questions in Section 1:
- Finding the conclusion of a given text
- Finding a flaw in the argument of the text
- Finding weaknesses in the argument made by a text
- Being able to determine whether certain statements are true or false
- Spatial awareness and Visualisation
- Simple Logical Mathematics
- 3-4 questions relating to a single text
Some questions take up more time than others. Since all questions are worth the same, it is therefore important to know which questions will take a shorter time to solve and which ones will take longer.
Usually, each question has a certain trick to its solution. Not all questions are straightforward and therefore, it is important to make sure that you are certain that you have arrived at the correct answer.